Monday, December 1, 2008

Hey everyone

hey everyone,
Over Thanksgiving weekend I finally saw my elusive neighbor! I was unloading my car very early Friday morning (yes I went shopping) and she walked by with her seeing-eye dog or service dog, I'm not sure what the correct name is. She was actually younger than I thought, somewhere in her forties. She was wearing those large, dark sunglasses and I guess she had gone to get her mail because she had some envelopes in her hand. I would have said hi but it seemed that she quickened her step a bit when she heard my son say 'Hey mama look, a doggie." So I suppose she thought he would come over and try to pet it which I found out one is not supposed to. One St. Patrick's Day a few years ago, I was at a certain establishment with very happy people drinking green liquids, when I noticed a blind woman and her dog. I went over to the dog and the woman yelled at me "DON'T PET HIM!" I then noticed the sign on his collar that said 'working dog do not pet.' I was still a bit annoyed at her since the dog seemed to be thristy and the place was very loud and crowded. I suppose she had noone to accompany her so she brought her dog. Well, she has a right like everyone else to go to a bar but I though it was a bit cruel for the dog.
Anyway, that was my story. Maybe next time I run into my neighbor, I'll say hello.

Kat

No comments: